DevOps Engineer at TrueLayer
TrueLayer’s DevOps Engineer will be critical to ensuring the security of our infrastructure and systems; they are an integral part of our mission to provide secure, reliable banking APIs that are powering the new era of financial innovation.
As the subject matter expert in our team, you will be an authority on optimising the performance and maintenance of our infrastructure, as well as identifying, minimizing and remediating vulnerabilities in our infrastructure in a way that aligns with our ambitious business strategy.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $12.5m from investors like Northzone, Anthemis and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Improve and drive monitoring of our AWS and Kubernetes Infrastructure;
- Safeguard our AWS and Kubernetes infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines, and ensure our applications are consistently built with security in mind;
- Work closely with Compliance Operations to ensure any technical control requirements are in place and functional;
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to drive the adoption of security best practices;
- Co-ordinate and manage all aspects of penetration testing projects;
- Implement frameworks to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities with efficiency and thoroughness.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are thoroughly proficient with at least one scripting language, and one object-oriented programming language;
- Have demonstrable experience working with AWS, Docker;
- Can show a good understanding of the most common vulnerabilities;
- Will take ownership of evangelising platform reliability across the team to ensure the availability of our infrastructure - no one should be afraid of breaking things in production.
- Are self-starters, and can tackle critical projects with minimal supervision;
- Can demonstrate exceptional communication skills, with a talent for conveying highly technical security concepts to colleagues of technical and non-technical backgrounds;
- Thrive in environments where big-picture thinking is coupled with consistent execution;
- Are thoroughly passionate about championing security best practices in a fast-growing, ambitious startup.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on exposure to Kubernetes, in a professional environment or a personal project;
- Specific experience working in a highly regulated industry - ideally banking, FinTech or insurance - better still if you’ve worked with APIs;
- Previous experience in a high-growth startup;
What you need to send to us:
- A CV/Linkedin profile;
- A paragraph or two about a time something went wrong - how was the issue identified, prioritized and remediated? What lessons did you learn that will stick with you for the rest of your career?
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note, we don’t accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thank you!