TrueLayer’s Legal Ops team are integral to ensuring legal coverage of all of our commercial and business activities. We want our Legal Ops team to build relationships with functions across the business, and to be the go-to experts on a range of legal specialisations.
We’re looking for an accomplished and ambitious legal counsel who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and who thrives in complexity. This person will be crucial in our international expansion as we continue on our journey to push financial technology forward.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers—securely, reliably, and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $12.5m from investors like Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Work with other teams within TrueLayer including Product, Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Compliance to ensure that we deliver the best legal advice for product development and expansion;
- Provide legal advice on issues relating to consumer, product, marketing and intellectual property;
- Ensure that legal best practices are applied across new and existing processes, contracts, and workflows throughout the business;
- Manage and develop relationships with external counsel whenever required;
- Consult, draft and negotiate on a wide range of commercial agreements and maintain templates that comply with company policies and local law;
- Review and advise on contracts, licenses, and other documentation submitted to TrueLayer by our customers and third parties;
- Stay up to date on the latest legal developments, and deliver effective solutions that benefit and protect TrueLayer’s growth;
- Advise on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures and company policies.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a qualified solicitor with at least 6-8 years PQE, preferably with experience working in-house for an international business;
- Is business-oriented, technology savvy and has a solution-driven mindset;
- Is experienced in developing, drafting and advising clients on commercial and technology contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Has experience working with product development and consumer protection;
- Has the ability to work independently, and can think big, but can execute on a granular level.
- Can adapt and thrive working alongside colleagues and clients of both technical and non-technical backgrounds;
- Is an independent self-starter with an excellent work ethic, capable of taking initiative and ownership in an extremely fast-paced environment;
- is able to communicate complex matters, in a simple terms;
- Can gather and review all relevant data and information diligently, and effectively communicate their expert legal insight to a range of stakeholders;
- Will exercise impeccable judgement to further and protect TrueLayer’s business interests;
Nice to have:
- Any previous work in Technology or Financial Services;
- Professional fluency in German and/or French;
- Previous experience working with a product launch in a new country.
What you need to send to us:
- A resume and your LinkedIn profile (if applicable);
- A paragraph on what unique challenge a career at TrueLayer would present, compared to your career to date?
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note, we don’t accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thank you!