Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer at TrueLayer
TrueLayer's Full Stack Engineer will be at the heart of the developer and user experience of TrueLayer. With responsibilities including our Developer Console, API products, Design System, and more, you’ll be working in the Experience Design team to ensure we continue building consistent interfaces that our clients and end-users love to use.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers, securely and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $12.5m from investors including Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Work within the Experience Design team, working primarily on our Developer Console - the central hub of customers’ TrueLayer experience;
- Take ownership of new React components for our Design System and make sure the existing ones are consistent for all the products;
- Transform graphic mock-ups of new products into beautifully coded Front End product;
- Work in close collaboration with other product engineering teams to improve the TrueLayer experience for users; this could include building new user stories, testing new features, or providing guidance and advice on engineering architecture to the existing Experience Design team.
- Ensure all of our front-end and back-end features are covered with unit and integration tests;
- Tackle complex user experience problems with a proactive, solutions-driven mindset. You will always be thinking about ways to improve the efficiency of our product offering and development process to ensure a best-in-class experience for clients testing and integrating TrueLayer’s APIs.
- Take ownership of engineering decisions, and implementing best practices and processes to build scalable products.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have demonstrable proficiency with ReactJS and its core principles, ideally with 2 or more years of hands-on commercial experience;
- Have a keen eye for good UX;
- Can demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in at least 1 Object Oriented Programming language, ideally NodeJS or C# (.NET Core);
- Have a strong understanding of HTML5/CSS3/SASS;
- Have experience with styled-components;
- Can use data and tools to test your hypothesis, throwing away assumptions when necessary;
- Are able to empathise with users and developers alike, and elevate their voice in internal decision making, helping us build a user-centric culture;
- Are familiar with modern web services and APIs, and love learning about technical solutions;
- Are comfortable dealing with a lot of moving pieces, and can master the ability to prioritise demands;
- Are willing to take ownership over new features and ship with minimal support;
- Have a hacker mentality: you are perfectly capable of understanding cryptography and fixing the coffee machine at the same time;
- Enjoy being part of a small team and are actively thinking of ways to enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work;
- Are always hungry to learn.
Nice to have
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs;
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, ElasticSearch, Redis and other modern cloud technologies;
- Previous experience at a high-growth startup;
- Experience with Redux and ImmutableJS;
What you need to send to us:
- A CV/Linkedin profile;
- A link to your GitHub profile;
- A few sentences on why you want to work for TrueLayer.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please note, we don’t accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thank you!